NEON’s Data Institutes provide critical skills and foundational knowledge for graduate students and early career scientists working with heterogeneous spatio-temporal data to address ecological questions.
June 2017: Remote Sensing with Reproducible Workflows
Our 2017 Institute focused on remote sensing of vegetation using open source tools and reproducible science workflows – the primary programming language will be Python. This Institute will be held at NEON headquarters in June 2017.
The teaching materials from the 2017 Data Institute will be available as self-paced online tutorials after the Institute. In the meantime, you can access the 2016 Data Institute materials here. These 2016 materials were designed to be used in the context of the workshop with an instructor. In 2016 the primary programming language was R.
Key 2017 Dates
- Applications Open: early January 2017
- Application Deadline: mid March 2017
- Notification of Acceptance: early April 2017
- Tuition payment due by: mid April 2017
- Pre-institute online activities: June 1-17, 2017
- Institute Dates: June 19-24, 2017
More information about the NEON Data Institutes can be found on the NEON website.